RAVENNA GRIDIRON CLUB
ARTICLE I. PURPOSE: Purpose for which corporation is formed: This corporation is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. The purpose of this corporation is to secure the educational advancement of Ravenna High School football players through efforts of coaches and staff; to assist in the educational, social and athletic advancement of student athletes; to promote and encourage clean living, fair play and good sportsmanship; to provide opportunities for proper physical training, adequate equipment, and qualified guidance.
ARTICLE II. MEMBERSHIP: Membership shall consist of one class of regular members. Membership shall be open to all without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, or national origin. All perspective Gridiron members will complete a membership application form. The executive board will review each application for approval. The completed application will be kept on file for all members of the Ravenna Gridiron Club by the Gridiron Secretary. Membership applications shall be in writing on a form prescribed by the Ravenna Gridiron Club. Membership may be denied or terminated on the basis of conduct deemed inconsistent with the purposes of the organization.
8 v. 8 - NFL Flag Rules
- At the start of each game, captains from both teams shall meet at midfield for the coin toss to determine who shall start with the ball. The visiting team shall call the toss.
- The winner of the coin toss gets first offense possession. The loser of the coin toss chooses the end zone it would prefer to defend.
Teams may not choose to defer to second half choice.
- The offensive team takes possession of the ball at its 5-yard line and has four (4) plays to cross midfield. Once a team crosses midfield,
it has four (4) plays to score a touchdown.
- If the offense fails to score, the ball changes possession and the new offensive team takes over on its 5-yard line.
- If the offensive team fails to cross midfield, possession of the ball changes and the opposition starts its drive from its 5-yard line.
- All possession changes, except interceptions, start on the offense’s 5-yard line.
- Teams change sides after the first half Possession changes to the loser of the coin toss.
This document is from the league – youth football association that the Ravens youth teams are participating in. This organization is not controlled by, run by, or owned by anyone from Ravenna. The city is represented by our youth, parents, family members, community, and coaching staff during the season and post season. Leadership, voting rights and privileges are those of Jim Lunardi‘s, Head Coach of the Ravenna High School Football Program.
CONSTITUTION – Table of Contents